Sunday, December 11, 2011

Leaving

I decided that I am going to go visit Fletcher and my old flock. I realized that it has been some time since I left him their to teach. He is still in his first life, and it is possible that his body here has grown old like mine once did. I'm not sure I will be able to find him again once he is lifted up. He may not want to come back here like I did, and then I may never see the transformation in my favorite student.

Therefore, I spent today explaining to the Flock that it was time for me to move on. They were of course sad, but I've been here as long as I'd been with Fletcher and I'm sure they can handle the rest. I explained to them that they are all wonderful fliers, and I assigned one phenomenal seagull, Rachel Gull, the position of teacher. She agreed, although like myself and Fletcher once were, she seemed to lack confidence. I am certain she will test her limits and teach the others to do the same. One day I'm sure I will return to her and see the amazing things she has done for this Flock.

So, now I press on. I will transport to the Far Cliffs and fly the rest of the way. I will visit the Flock, and hopefully some will remember me. Then I will find a new Flock, and the lessons will begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment