Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Magical Reality

Yesterday I spent the day showing the young flock how to bend their wings for faster speed. They were excited, and as always their excitement empowered me. I love seeing how they are eager to learn. Unlike my flock, they don't outcast my students. Even the elders seem interested, although age keeps them from putting in the effort of the younger gulls. Still, the atmosphere is so much brighter here. I do not regret leaving my flock to Fletcher. Surely I can spread out among the flocks and teach them all how to find meaning in flight? I have faith that it will be for the better.

However, lessons yesterday had me reminiscing about my first days after being outcasted. So, I decided to take a trip down to the Far Cliffs, when I was still a young gull, for old times sake. I traveled back many seasons. It has been awhile since I did some time travel, but it wasn't difficult. Just like Chiang taught me, I just had to clear my mind and will myself to my destination. I spent my night watching a young Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I was so young then! Not only in body, but also in mind. It is so strange how one can grow so much! I was a chick who was sad and isolated and not yet even a skilled flier! It was so strange to watch myself fly about in those experimental ways as I tested gravity. When I had enough, I traveled back to the flock and to my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment